Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A Whirlwind Weekend

It has been a while since we have blogged. Last weekend we packed up both vehicles and headed to Kahoka for the last football game of the regular season. We were able to watch them win the district championship. After that we went to Keokuk and spent the next two days visiting some of our friends. It was really fun to be "back home" in our old church again. Gracie had a great time staying at Bruce and Missy's house, also. She is still talking about how much fun we had last weekend. Gracie was able to be reunited with her old buddy Mike and they shared many good talks. Sunday Brent headed back to Macon, but Gracie and I stayed the night in Kahoka at our good friends, Ray and Mikie's, house. Gracie wanted to go see our old house, so the new owner was kind enough to let us come in and look around. We were glad to see that not much had changed. Monday our trip ended with me having a doctor's appointment in Hannibal on the way home. Everything appears to be fine and Fuzzy Marie :-) is growing at a normal pace.

This week is the Atlanta Junior High basketball tournament, so Brent hasn't been home at all. He got someone to watch the tournament tonight for him so that he could go to Kahoka and watch Clark County play Trenton in a playoff game. So far, the Indians are losing at the end of the first half (17-7).

Gracie had a little trouble at school today. She won't tell me what she did, but she was more than happy to tell Grandpa and me that she had to sit in time out for a while. I think she actually knows what she did, but is ashamed to tell me. Tomorrow I'll probably investigate to make sure it wasn't anything too bad. She probably told someone that Clifford says you shouldn't talk with food in your mouth...again. Gracie certainly makes life interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back. I do so enjoy hearing the news of the day. I'm sure Gracie was not really bad also, I have complete faith in her. Sorry Clark lost the game I know it would have been really exciting to see them go all the way. Hope your schedules all calm down some so you have some down time. We are looking forward to seeing you next week. Love Mama