Today when I was getting Gracie dressed, I threw a shirt on her that has become a staple of her fall/winter wardrobe. It's just a shirt that goes with a lot of her pants and sweats. Anyway, as I was putting it on her I noticed it was almost too small, so I said, "You are growing too much and your shirt isn't going to fit before too long." She started to whimper and said, "But I will miss my shirt. I don't want to grow too big for it. I love my colorful shirt." I said, "Well, you have to grow up. Maybe Mommy can find you a new colorful shirt that you will love." She said, "OK. But make sure it's big enough." I just thought it was funny that she was so attached to an old, somewhat stained shirt. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since she's still attached to her tattered, stained, ripped pink teddy bear blanket! Did I ever mention that I had to sew a pocket on teddy bear and put Gracie's name in it because we read the story about Corduroy getting lost and needing a pocket with the owners info. in it? Well, after we read that story, teddy bear needed a pocket with Gracie's info in it, and it's a good thing because Gracie is always dragging that bear around to stores, church, etc. and then leaving it. Maybe the pocket will help teddy bear to always return home.
People are always asking me if Ella is a good baby. My standard answer is, "Yes, she's a great baby." I added this photo of Ella in her swing because that's just one of many things that keep her content. Gracie hated her swings, bouncy seat, and other tools we tried and Ella is enamored with almost anything. Her favorite activity is to bounce with me on my big exercise ball. It almost always lulls her to sleep. I'm so glad she's a content baby (at this stage) since Gracie is pretty high maintenance! Gracie still gets up every night, multiple times, and keeps us wondering when in the world she will ever sleep through the night consistently.
People are always asking me if Ella is a good baby. My standard answer is, "Yes, she's a great baby." I added this photo of Ella in her swing because that's just one of many things that keep her content. Gracie hated her swings, bouncy seat, and other tools we tried and Ella is enamored with almost anything. Her favorite activity is to bounce with me on my big exercise ball. It almost always lulls her to sleep. I'm so glad she's a content baby (at this stage) since Gracie is pretty high maintenance! Gracie still gets up every night, multiple times, and keeps us wondering when in the world she will ever sleep through the night consistently.
1 comment:
Of course she will need a new colorful shirt. The swing picture is adorable makes me want to squeeze her. I have the solution for Gracie sleeping she just needs to come to Mama's because when she sleeps with me she sleeps all night nothing spoiled about that. I love having her sleep there. Love mama
Post a Comment